Modernizing a Large Financial Institution’s IT Infrastructure to AWS
Location: North America
The Challenge – High Infrastructure Costs With No Centralized Method to Optimize IT Infrastructure or Automate Manual Operations
One of the oldest and largest financial institutions in the United States with over $187 billion in assets partnered with Matilda Cloud to optimize their geographic and digital footprint. With over five million customers, this institution offers a range of retail and commercial banking products and services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, large corporations, and institutions. Matilda Cloud helped the client modernize their on-premises environment to AWS and automate the discovery of data and generation of infrastructure as code for their cloud migration project.
The client faced multiple challenges during their cloud migration journey. They lacked a centralized method to optimize their IT infrastructure and manual operations, and their cost management quickly became a priority. Additionally, the client did not have complete data required for mapping and manually collecting application data for cloud assessments was time-consuming and posed additional risks.
The Solution – Powerful Cloud Analytics and Automated Discovery, Assessment and Migration
Matilda Cloud’s suite of discovery, assessment, and migration products identified and mapped their legacy application dependencies and provided recommendations to modernize databases and applications to cloud-native AWS RDS and PaaS solutions. Matilda provided deep insights into application dependencies and generated IaC, enabling the client to accelerate their migration and establish a standards pattern. Matilda’s expert team worked with the client to understand and document their business and technical objectives for their existing infrastructure, providing advanced solutions around AWS-bound modernizations approaches. Matilda also enabled the client leaders with visual analytics to enable informed decision making.
Matilda Cloud’s platform aided the client by automating key migration priorities, providing utilization reports and essential insights and recommended ideal 7-R strategies for their servers. Additionally, Matilda provided powerful application views, application-to-application dependencies, and application-to-infrastructure dependencies analysis, bolstering the client’s cloud journey. Matilda also equipped the client with key application to server mapping assessments, automated pre-checks, and integrated FinOps to identify the best overall app migration based on targeted architecture.
- Matilda’s platform aided the client by providing and automating key migration priorities, including load balancers integrating all data centers for the discovered data.
- Matilda provided the company leaders with Matilda’s unique utilization reports, which provided essential insights and recommended ideal 7-R strategies for their servers
- Matilda’s powerful application views, application-to-application dependencies, and application-to-infrastructure dependencies key analysis bolstered the client’s cloud journey
- The client is now furnished with the application dependency view in screen across all of their Data Centers.
- Matilda equipped the client with key application to server mapping assessments
- Matilda’s automated pre-checks feature helped the client identify the unknown presence of servers, and other assets.
- Matilda’s integrated FinOps allowed the customer to identify the best overall cost app migration based on targeted architecture